By Thomas Uphill, John Arundel
Jump-start your Puppet deployment utilizing enticing and sensible recipes
About This Book
- Quickly take hold of recipes that paintings with centralized and decentralized deployments
- Explore language ameliorations and improvements expected in Puppet model 4
- Gain specialist figuring out of Puppet's most up-to-date and so much complicated features
- Step-by-step unique recipes that assist you take keep an eye on of your servers and desktops
Who This e-book Is For
This booklet is for someone who builds and administers servers, specifically in an internet operations context. It calls for a few adventure of Linux platforms management, together with familiarity with the command line, dossier process, and textual content modifying. No programming event is required.
What you are going to Learn
- Install and manage Puppet for the 1st time
- Discover the most recent, such a lot complicated, and experimental positive aspects of Puppet
- Bootstrap your Puppet installation
- Master innovations to house centralized and decentralized Puppet deployments
- Use exported assets and forge modules
- Create effective manifests to streamline your deployments
- Automate Puppet grasp deployment utilizing Git hooks, r10k, and PuppetDB
- Make Puppet trustworthy, performant, and scalable
Puppet is a configuration administration procedure that automates your whole IT configurations, supplying you with keep an eye on of what you do to every node, should you do it, and the way you do it.
Puppet Cookbook 3rd version takes the reader from a simple wisdom of Puppet to an entire and professional knowing of Puppet's most recent and so much complex good points. up to date with the most recent developments and top practices, it supplies a transparent view on the right way to "connect the dots" and expands your wisdom to effectively use and expand Puppet.
This e-book delves into a number of elements of writing solid Puppet code, consisting of utilizing Puppet neighborhood variety, checking your manifests with puppet-lint, and studying group top practices, with an emphasis on real-world implementation.