By brian d foy
Take your next step towards Perl mastery with complicated strategies that make coding more uncomplicated, upkeep easier, and execution quicker. Mastering Perl is not a suite of smart tips, yet a manner of puzzling over Perl programming for fixing debugging, configuration, and lots of different real-world difficulties you’ll come upon as a operating programmer.
The 3rd in O’Reilly’s sequence of landmark Perl tutorials (after Learning Perl and Intermediate Perl), this absolutely upated version pulls every little thing jointly and is helping you bend Perl for your will.
- Explore complicated typical expressions features
- Avoid universal difficulties while writing safe programs
- Profile and benchmark Perl courses to determine the place they wish work
- Wrangle Perl code to make it extra presentable and readable
- Understand how Perl retains tune of package deal variables
- Define subroutines at the fly
- Jury-rig modules to mend code with out modifying the unique source
- Use bit operations and bit vectors to shop huge info efficiently
- Learn the right way to become aware of blunders that Perl doesn’t report
- Dive into logging, facts patience, and the magic of tied variables